||Path of Humanity •••
Nicknames (given by others): Nigiri, Sushi, Nagini
Real Name: Not known to the public at this time.
Apparent Age: Late twenties, early thirties, depending on her attire and general get up on any given occasion.
Concept: Public relations adviser and general diplomat
Physical description: Long, dark hair, usually hidden beneath a hijab or other head scarf, lively blue eyes, but pale despite her presumed Middle Eastern heritage. She seems to prefer to wear darker tones, with black and gold making frequent appearances.
- Enchanting Voice - Most notable when she's acting as a liaison or mediator, Nairi tends to be able to get others to listen when she's speaking.
- Code of Honor - While the details aren't 100% known, Nairi's hinted that she has a strict set of ethics and morals that guide her actions.
- Fame 2 - Nairi is well known in Gainesville as a PR Specialist, focusing on local political figures and working spin for them when needed.
- November 2012 - Arrived in Gainesville. Prior to her arrival, she (supposedly) traveled throughout the world studying politics and culture, enriching herself and deciding who she was and what she stood for. When asked why she chose Gainesville to settle down in, her answer has been simple; In the last decade, many of the major changes to the Movement have come from this often overlooked Barony.
- January 2013 - After proving herself to the Anarchs of Gainesville, several members of the Barony vouch for Nairi, seeing her as fully Committed to the Movement.
- September 2013 - Attended the Anarch Elysium held in Long Beach. There she met with several like minded individuals and agreed to forming a small coalition dedicated to assisting their fellow Anarchs as well as working towards further development of the Status Perfectus. The weekend concluded with a small band of the new confederacy meeting with the Princes who were at the Elysium.
- October 2013 - While spending an evening at Kanapaha Veterans Park, Nairi and several other Anarchs (as well as a few Independent Gangrel) were attacked by shadows. During the fight, Nairi's ghoul, Elijah, was grievously injured. Were it not for the aid of Concord and Rick, Elijah (and possibly Nairi as well) would have been lost.
- October 2013 to January 2014 - Nairi worked with the Barony to stave off attacks brought about by the former Baron's deceased sire. Several members of the Barony were forced to face their pasts; fighting against old rivals to maintain their freedom and lives.
- June 2014 - In a decision that left her somewhat ostracized from the rest of the Barony, Nairi refused to assist in a raid of the state penitentiary in Starke. The raid was necessary to remove the sabbat influence that had taken over much of the facility and in its wake left wights and deranged kindred hunting down the few mortals that remained. Nairi questioned the morality of the plans to deal with the problem and refused to go along because of this.
- August 2014 - During a trip to Panama City Beach, the Anarchs of Gainesville were faced with a difficult decision; assist the local anarchs and setites to fight an ancient gangrel who sought to reclaim what he felt was rightfully his, or stand by while the city went to hell. Unfortunately, even with their help, the anarchs of PCB were not able to hold the city, and shortly after returning to Gainesville, news arrived that the city had fallen.
- January to March 2015 - The Barony became aware of werewolves from Tallahassee seeking revenge for the attack against the State Penitentiary. While working to keep the influences of the wolves out of the city, a caern was opened in San Felasco (damn it, Rick) and the power of the wolves grew dangerously high. In order to protect the city, the Anarchs worked to awaken the City Father, a powerful spirit who looks out for Gainesville and the people who call it home. Nairi brokered a deal with the local Giovanni to oust the wolves, eventually making a pact with an organization known as VINE. It was later discovered that VINE was a subset of werewolves who were corrupt, and would likely betray the deal, so once the Tallahassee werewolves were dispatched, the Anarchs of Gainesville quickly removed VINE's influence from the city.
- November 2016 - Elected by the Gainesville Anarchs alongside Tera and Edmund for a trial run on having a Council rather than a single Baron, she then worked to increase communication lines among locals and to create introductory primers to the city.
- July 2016 - Went on a hunt to find Edmund, who went missing on a trip to deliver a friend to a safe haven away from an infernal threat based in Lakeland. Once found, she worked to get him home to the Barony.
- July 2017 - Attended the Anarch Event in Rockland, New York. While there, she met Baron Tenna, Jarl Annad, the Lorax, Vollos, and many others. Participated in a game of Nines and played Trivia, making it to the final four before being eliminated.
- November 2017 - Won re-election to the Anarch Council of Gainesville, along with Concord and Tiffany.
- December 2017 - Hosted a group of Anarchs in Gainesville for a series to lectures inspired by the idea of TED talks.
- March 2018 - Traveled to Glitter & Gloom, where she spent much of her time working to fill in a number of individuals on the situation regarding infernalists in Florida.
- September 2018 - Nairi formed a gang with Stiletto and Viriadiana Mendez.
- December 2018 - After a rather contentious vote, Nairi was elected to serve a third term as a Councilor for Gainesville, along with Lyra Fraizer and John Russo. Rumors abound as to exactly how she won her seat, given the anti-Nairi campaign being spearheaded by Tera.
- August 2019 - After a vote, the Council of Gainesville was dissolved, and Nairi was no longer holding any position in the Barony.
- Watching to see what comes next for the Barony of Gainesville politically.
- Taking on more responsibility for AnarchNET administration, performing vettings for new members.
- Socializing and getting to know the newer members of the Gainesville Barony.
- While not many of the details of her history are known, Nairi has admitted to being from Turkey, referencing Constantinople and mentioning that her heritage includes a mother who was Armenian. Her father was supposedly a British diplomat, but she doesn't often speak of him.
- It is rather well known that Nairi is not always up to the current times on a variety of subjects, including books and movies. Some of it has been explained away as part of being from the Middle East and not having access to the materials, and some of it has been explained as Nairi just being old as dirt.
- John Russo - After his return to the Barony from a long torpor, Nairi has established quite a rapport with the former Baron. He has a solid head on his shoulders and Nairi often appreciates his take on matters.
- John Stiletto - Nairi bonded quickly with her clanmate over politics and philosophies, and eventually they formed a gang together based on the trust they had established with one another.
- Ruby Cross - Nairi thoroughly enjoys spending time with this formidable techno savant; even if she doesn't always understand Ruby's work she can appreciate the dedication it takes.
- Tera Jacobs - The two have had a bit of a falling out since Nairi ganged up with Stiletto, so it remains to be seen if they still have one another's backs.
- Tiffany Wester - Despite a somewhat rocky start, Nairi and Tiffany have come to understand one another quite well and become true friends.
- Elijah Lawrence St. George - Nairi's former ghoul, assisted her with missions for the Barony, such as providing alibis, getting information, or performing errands during the day. Now he is out on his own, deciding for himself what the Embrace will mean for his new life.
- Baldasarre Giovanni - The local Don who operates out of Innovation Square. Nairi has made several deals with him, both personally and for the Barony.
- Leo Rothstein - Deceased Giovanni.
- Carson - An inhumane and Independent Samedi who came to Gainesville looking for his childe. While staying in the area, he took a few actions and broke a few promises that caused Nairi to develop quite a dislike for the man.
- Sire: Not known to the public at this time.
- Broodmates: None have been publicly claimed yet.
- Elijah Lawrence St. George - Embraced after serving under Nairi for over seven years, during which time he sought and was granted a doctoral degree from the University of Florida. He was brought over right after Ramadan, at the end of Eid al-Fitr in 2019.
- Yuna from Final Fantasy X - Try not to laugh too hard. In all seriousness, the character's quiet, peaceful demeanor, and her efforts to keep her group of friends together while improving her world at all costs was an inspiration for this character. Nairi's not quite to the level of being a martyr, but she'll do what she can to keep the peace when it comes to the Gainesville Anarchs.
- Lena Luthor from Supergirl
- Lena Luthor: "I think when I feel things again, I’m going to be very, very afraid… about the person I might be" - Season 2, Episode 18 "Ace Reporter"
- Lillian Luthor: "I know you, Lena. You loathe this man and wanna kill him as much as I do."
Lena Luthor: Even if that were true, I'd never act on it."
Lillian: "Why didn't you let me kill him?"
Lena: "I found another way." - Season 3, Episode 12 "For Good"
- Tillaume from Brandon Sanderson's Alloy of Law
- "There is great importance to tea. It should never merely be ‘whatever.’"
- Multiple Characters/Lyrics from Lin-Manuel Miranda's Hamilton
- "Ask anybody why we livin' fast and we laugh, reach for a flask, we have to make this moment last, that's plenty. Scratch that - This is not a moment, it's the movement; Where all the hungriest brothers with something to prove went." - From "My shot"
- "Life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes and it takes...and we keep living anyway, we rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes..." - From "Wait For It"
- "Let me tell you what I wish I’d known when I was young and dreamed of glory: You have no control; Who lives, who dies, who tells your story." - From "History Has Its Eyes On You"
- "God help and forgive me, I wanna build something that’s gonna outlive me." - From "The Room Where it Happens"
Hey Brother - Avicii
- "Oh if the sky comes falling down... For you, there’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do."
- "What if I'm far from home? Oh brother I will hear you call. What if I lose it all? Oh sister I will help you out..."
Abdel Kader - Cheb Khaled with Faudel and Rachid Taha
- "I pray life is long enough to let me start over, heal me and turn me away from my pain"
She Talks Too Much - Elohim
- "It's like her lips are tokens, but she's just run out. It's like she's taking over, she talks too much. It's like the sound of crazy, and it's much too loud. It's like she's taking over, she talks too much."
Marco Polo - Loreena McKennitt
Huron "Beltane" Fire Dance - Loreena McKennitt
How Far We've Come - Matchbox 20
- "Let's see how far we've come"
Animal - Mike Snow
- "I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal. Nobody knows it but me when I slip, yeah I slip, I'm still an animal."
Epiphany - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- "I know that somewhere someone's looking to deceive and somewhere young men die and children bleed and somewhere some have too much while others need and somewhere someone's looking to believe..."
- "And the night and the dark and the hopes and the dreams. As we all play our parts while ignoring the screams. So we lie to ourselves and we just carry on. Never stop, never turn, don't admit what is gone into this twisted story all these things so clear before me; Every path we've ever taken, can't admit we were mistaken. In this night of my devising, never live and never dying. Each escape I've never taken, never dream and never waken."
- "Did you ever walk up to the edge of a cliff? Stare into the abyss as your mind wonders if you should take one more step further into that night. Well, your mind says you won't but your heart says you might..."
- "Can you be who you are, what you were, what they see? From eternity's view tell me which one is me..."
Iron - Woodkid
- "A million miles from home, I'm walking ahead..."
- (In conversation with Lexington Parker) "No, I said violence isn't ALWAYS the answer. Sometimes it really is the best or only option."
- (In conversation with a Malkavian who insisted she was sushi) "No, the G isn't silent, it doesn't exist. It's N-A-I-R-I."
- (Twice is one night to two different Anarchs) "I am not your god, I am not your moral authority, you do not answer to me."
((OOC: Please feel free to add any you'd like so long as they aren't intentionally inflammatory or offensive OOC!))
- Don't touch her, touching Nairi will cause you to bleed from every orifice, and there are rumors she once killed a werewolf merely by touch.
- Tera, Poppy, and Nairi have an ongoing debate as to what kind of were-critters exist.
- Nairi is wickedly good with guns, at least according to Karl, aka Edmund's "twin" from the north.
- She's been having many private meetings at the Hippodrome Elysium, and some say she treats it like her own office.
- Nairi is not really an Assamite, but a Caitiff pretending.
- According to Tera, Nairi has been brainwashed by John Stiletto or is simply too much under his sway to be trusted any more. This 'fact,' and Tera's insistence on spreading the word, nearly cost Nairi her seat on the Council.